Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Ode to the Norwegian Convenience Store!

Oh Norwegian convenience store...how I love you...let me count the ways!  First this pic above is not form a fancy bakery...but a convenience store.  Why yes, those are delicious cakes you can buy by the slice or the entire cake.  Wait...there are more pictures...

Here are delicious pastries!  A far away pic and a close up pic.  Let me assure you, these pastries are fresh and soft and wonderful.  There are no dried out sad pieces of dough that they have brushed on some sort of jam to fool you into believing the are delicious when they are really out to trick you.  THEY ARE ALL AMAZING!

I have more photographic proof!
This was my waffle.  I ate this waffle and it was everything you would want in a waffle.  

Norwegian convenient stores are not JUST for pastries and cake...they also have ICE CREAM! 
Not the best picture, but proof!  There is ice cream, in many different flavors.  Remember Tyler's ice cream at the first convenience store stop?  It was rolled in streusel!  Genius!

And oh the candy!  The beautiful wonderful candy!


The convenience store is not just for junk food...
They have delicious salads and yogurts for take away.  Eat your heart out Whole Foods!

But wait..there's more!
There is a wall for coffee, lattes, etc.  And isn't that wall aesthetically pleasing?

I love you Norwegian convenience store.  You have everything.  You are so clean and nice! I may never leave you!

Also I would like to point out that I did almost an entire post without mentioning my love of hot dogs...from the convenience store.  But I did not forget how much I love them!  And my student told me they are half off this week so I'm sure I'll post another pic soon!

I also want to thank everyone for their kind comments about the blog - either on Facebook or the blog.  It's nice that you're reading and I feel a little closer to home when I hear from you.  

Tomorrow is waffle Wednesday at school... there will be more food pics!  I can't help myself!








1 comment:

  1. Those chocolate covered coconut marshmallow clouds though! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete